Candles, Chandeliers, color, contrast, Curtains, Human Form, humor, Jewelry, lighting fixtures, Luxurious fabrics, mirrors, molding, Mood Lighting, music, pillows, romance, Sensuality, Setting the mood, sex, Sex designed, Sexuality, sexy, sexy design, Soft fabrics
*Please press play on the music before you begin to read!”
Candles burn dimly with a hint of Jasmine and brown sugar in the air. The room is dark with just enough light to see and caress the silhouette of a body as the intoxicating chants of India echoes in the background. The haunting vocal layered over a tribal-like bass is rhythmic and you can feel the fluid movement of your bodies. It’s warm and you feel the tug of the sheets as your feet pushes the comforter to the floor. Your hands reach out across the bed, intertwined and you can feel the warmth of breathe, breathing into the side of your neck. And then, whispered words…
You’ve harnessed the feeling and energy of your space!
Every choice we make ads to the richness and experience of life and love-making happens to be one of the great joys of living. The right design, in the right setting, with the right ambiance and the right person can set the stage perfectly, for unimaginable romance. It’s indescribable!!
We’re conscious of our sex appeal as it pertains to our physical selves but do we take the time to translate our sexuality and sensuality into our spaces?
When it comes to creating the right environment for love-making, are you secure and empowered in your sexuality, in your personal space?
Nothing makes me feel sexier than living in a beautiful space that I’ve had a part of creating. It is the external manifestation of the beauty within that positively reinforces my sense of self. If I can see and appreciate the beauty created of myself, for myself, I can be confident in just being me! The expression of self that comes through is true to my energy, fluid and consistent with my experience. For me to readily access my feelings, to genuinely express my emotions, I need to exist in an environment that empowers me to be confident in who I am.
Some may ask, how do you interpret “sexy” into a space? When we think of the human body, sexy can come from form, scale, color, texture and proportion. A room conforms to the same criteria and follows the same sensory stimuli as the human form.
A well designed room, that is authentic to its inhabitant, is like a well dressed person secure in their sexuality.
When I think of a “sexy” space, I think of aspects that pertain to texture, dimension, form, depth, volume, saturation, shape and contrast. More specifically, I think about the things I love; the things that stimulate my senses:
1. I love luxurious looking, soft fabrics that feel great against the skin and makes a space seem that more opulent e.g. velvet, silk, faux furs and soft cottons
2. I love vivid color that gives a room richness and depth. It’s amazing how beautiful everything looks in a stunning space.
3. I love soft light that projects a glow on every surface in the room. It cast the right shadows and gives the room a definite mood.
4. I love long, flowing drapes that play with volume and height and adds to the drama and romance of a space.
5. I love reflective surfaces that bounce light around the room and gives a space exponential depth
6. I love crystal and metal finishes as each can add an element of glamour to a room
7. I love the shapes , scents and colors of flowers. They bring life to a space, providing visual and aromatic appeal.
8. I love the form and texture in beautiful lamps and lighting fixtures. The right lighting can act similarly to a great piece of jewelry.
10. I love non-aggressive, nicely scented candles that act as a great backdrop to awesome décor. It informs the space and the moment by stimulating your sense of smell.
11. I love hearing sensual music and sounds that set the mood by relaxing the mind. They echo the design of the room and act as a liaison between the energy of the space and the energy that you embody.
12. I love intricate moldings reminiscent of another area that add to the romance of a space. If you don’t have these features, you can add them with paint or by adding molding to your walls.
13. And finally, I love a space with humor that integrates accessories that allows it to be light-hearted and accessible in feel.
A heightened state of being, where the bodies and minds are stimulated on multiple levels, can make for great sex. From the lighting, to the scents, to the colors and textures, the right design can be a catalyst to great love-making.
Find your voice, within a life designed, one room at a time!